Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Josie Learns Sex Ed

Please, will one of my readers tell me that they are going through the sex ed phase in science, too?  Or, for readers older than me (Savannah and Hannie mainly), can you please reassure me that this will not end badly?  Or worse: that this just persuades people to have sex in high school instead of after you're married?

Mmm... de-fish is de-lish!  And PhantomReviews (only God [and of course himself] know his real name.  What?  Are you trying to hide yourself?  Then again, your theme song's lyrics are this:

Beneath the opera house
He's always there
He watches Phantom films
Down in his lair
And though he's too ugly
To play the game [I think that's what she said]
The Phantom Reviewer will watch
Each version made

I mean, come on!  If the real Phantom can tell Christine "I am Erik!" maybe you can say, "I am John!"  Come on!  I'm dying here!) is awesome.  Wow.  That was a long parenthesis.  To make sense of the sentence, I have re-copied it down here: And PhantomReviews is awesome.  There.  You happy?

Wow I am a dork!

I have recently watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I find the plot interesting, a bit confusing, but it hasn't grabbed my attention.  It's too, I don't know, predictable!  It's like, when that vampire is about to bite her neck, and then it says "To Be Continued....", that's way to predictable.  You know the chick isn't going to die!  I mean, it's called Buffy the Vampire Slayer for a reason.  I have a pretty good feeling they wouldn't kill off the main character in the first episode.  And if the title says, "To Be Continued....", that usually means it will end happy.  I mean, you can already tell she's going to be hooked up with her best friend or a vampire, everything will end good, Buffy will not die, she'll ditch the popular girl for the dork, and that vampire that gave her the cross is obviously in love with her!  I mean, where is the surprise in it?  It's the same in every movie!  Except in Serenity. 

Washburn: (crashes the huge ginormous space ship on some evil planet of some sort [I think]) I am a leaf in the wind. (pause) Watch how I--- (gets stabbed in the chest by something large.
Me: WHOAH!  WHOAH!  WHOAH!  WHAT?!?!

And in Love Never Dies.

Phantom (Erik): (singing) He's just ten years old!  TEN YEARS OLD!
Me: Wait, what? (around here is when it all came into focus) Oh, crap! (thinks) Wait a minute, when was he conceived?!?!

And The Muppets.

Walter: (walks onstage in a tux and starts whistling an opera song)
Me: Okay....

Or this other time in the same movie.

Walter: (into the mirror, showing a reflection of him as a man instead of a Muppet, singing) Am I a Muppet?
Jim Parsons (as reflection): (singing, echoing) Am I a Muppet?
Me: (too busy to give a comment because I'm bursting out laughing that Sheldon is playing this guy)

Yeah.  So, there aren't too many surprising movies.  Now, if there's a Phantom movie where the Phantom is brutally killed by Christine as an act of self defense, yeah.  I'd go see that in a heartbeat.  As long as it isn't the version where he isn't repulsive, haggard, or just a little bit ugly.  If it's that one version with the totally gay and average looking Phantom, you can count me out.

I have to go wash up.  Not for dinner.  I have to go take a bath.

Oh.  My.  Gosh.  I just remembered: I have two contests this week.  I am absolutely doomed.  I have band on Friday, and choir on Saturday.  I NEED TO GET THAT SOLO!

Oh, yeah!  Forgot to say: I'm feeling much better and not as utterly boring and depressing as I did in my previous post.  After my Mom got me spicy pork rinds (which I now do not care for, since almost none of them are soft) and a vanilla bean frappuchino with caramel drizzle and whipped cream from Starbucks, yeah.  I guess I'm feeling better.

Mom is completely and amazingly awesome!

Thank you for embracing my weirdness! -Katy Perry

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not in high school.... yet. TAT And yeah, I remember that scene from The Muppets... actually I haven't seen it yet, I just saw THAT part on TV. I'd LIKE to see it though.... TO NETFLIX!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're not? I thought you were sixteen or something? What the heck am I doing?

      You can't follow me? :-(! Just kidding. But still, I noticed that I'm following me, Savannah's following me, Miki's following me, but you're not, and you comment the most!

      ???

      Delete

Bubbles says: COMMENT!