Sunday, May 27, 2012

Josie and Opera Garnier

One place I want to visit when I go to Paris someday is Opera Garnier.  I would have to say this is probably one of the weirdest places in Paris, even though I have never been there.  But just by the description!  It would be nice to see a show there, preferrably Faust or The Magic Flute, but I would just love to explore the place.  There's several creepy underground cellars and even a river or lake or something runs under there.  One time, in like 1896, the chandelier fell on top of the audience in the middle of a performance and surprisingly killed only 1 person.  I think.  This is also the place where a television movie was set, and it turned out to be very good.  The movie, I mean.  But if what I've heard is correct, there are trap doors everywhere, and the really creepy thing is the 5th box.  People used to say it was haunted in the late 19th century, but later it all stopped.  I think it would be worth the 9-10 bucks (7-8 euros) for admission.

Has anyone been there?  If so, what was it like?  Was it as creepy as I've heard it was?  And also, are you allowed to go into the cellar?

Why is it that I'm getting more views from Russia than I am from America?

The reason I'm always happy is because you only have one life to live and you never know when you're gonna die, so celebrate life and stop being sad. -Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!