Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Josie and the Sort-Of Vacation

I woke up at around 8 on Saturday, which is unusual for me without my birds. I got dressed and headed for the computer. Grandpa came in and said that Aunt Nadine wouldn't be picking me up until about 4. I could wait. I got onto Netflix and found two cool and weird new shows: Dark Oracle and Kyle XY. Dark Oracle is, I think, a Canadian show cause it's always snowing and the main characters attend a secondary school if that tells you anything. But it's about these twins named Cally and Lance that find a comic book that turns out to predict what will happen in their lives, with the main characters Violet and Blaze being their alter egos. Kyle XY is about a teen with complete amnesia who is brilliant, has incredible reflexes and strength, and has no belly button that gets adopted by a caring family.

When Aunt Nadine picked me up, we went to her house, then went with Uncle Kevin (who is missing his left ring finger, and that wasn't from birth) to Chik-fil-a. We all ended up getting the same meal. Afterwards, we went shopping at Wal-Mart and they let me get a bunch of snacks: two bags of hot fries, two things of vanilla yogurt (I never get to have yogurt because Mom loves it but she can't have it), some spicy and sweet beef jerky, and a 2-liter bottle of sparkling strawberry lemonade. When we get home, we watch the first season of 3rd Rock From the Sun.

The next day is Mother's Day. My cousin Micah comes with us to church, then we drop him off at his apartment and head on back to the house. Uncle Kevin makes pork chops while Aunt Nadine and I shuck corn. I only shucked one, but so what? Then the other cousin Bethany comes with a load of laundry and begins to put her first load in the wash. When Micah comes, he has a CRAP-load of laundry, but Bethany got her stuff in first. She suggests to grill the corn, and they agree. I didn't have any. I filled up on pork chops and parmesean noodles. We watch 3rd Rock while we eat.

When everyone is gone, I take a bath and realize that Sadie, the pug, has apparently been sleeping in the tub, because the water was filthy with short black fur. Blech! But the bathtub is awesome! It has armrests, a step, and best of all: JETS!

After I fix my hair (well, it's still dripping wet), Aunt Nadine drops me off at Kasiah's house. I put my stuff in Kasiah's room and we went out to eat Mexican food for Mother's day. Kasiah had like $60 and paid for her meal, my own, and her mom's. I called Mom and told her happy Mother's Day.

The next day was school. UGH! The good news was that the Dallas Morning News was coming to interview us, and I ended up being interviewed! WOOHOO!!

School was boring as usual, but surprisingly, I had a fairly good day.

After school, I walked home with Kasiah, and Her New Boyfriend Trevor was coming to her house to hear the piano part I added to the song we wrote. It's really easy, just an A chord, F#min chord, D chord, Esus chord, and an E chord. But it fit really perfectly. Trevor suggested that the intro on the guitar be played on the piano, though, but Kasiah and I like it on the guitar.

Later, we headed to Kasiah's ortho and I got her further in her Angry Birds game. Hers is as hard as, well, it was level 2, stage 4, I got to stage 8. A little bit afterward, we went to the high school. Here's how it goes:

In the band, the different members audition for section leaders, meaning they teach the newbies how the procedures go, how to march, things like that. This guy, Kyle, was really looking forward to being tuba section leader, because they hadn't had one in four years. Kasiah, Her New Boyfriend Trevor, Anthony (yes, THAT Anthony), and Gabriel (from the rock band) had been training for two months in the art of marching band. Kyle was to do the standard procedure in front of Mr. Patricia, Mr. Clark, and most importantly, Mr. Monroe. I began to learn how to march from Kasiah's older brother Saxton. There's so much to remember! Where to put your feet, how far to go, not to bounce, lean forward, and even when your standing! "Posture Check! Feet! Touch! Stomach! In! Chest! Out! Shoulders! Back! Chin! Up! Eyes! With Pride! Eyes! With Pride! EYES! WITH PRIDE! Get on back to the house or...? WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!" Confusing, huh? And you have to lean forward. I got most of it down, except for reverse march. That was about where I got with everybody else. Kyle was a lot more helpful than Saxton.

The next day was horror. One of my partners for history, Chris, did all he could to agitate me: sing loud and badly right in my ear, give an attitude, take his shoes off (which he always does), mess with my hair, and worst of all: HE LICKED THE NOTECARDS! What eighth grader does that? Seriously!

The rest of the day, I was just waiting to walk to the high school for the big test for Kyle. But when we got there, Kyle said that the reason I was having such a hard time with reverse march is because I was trying to keep my footsteps in a straight line, like a tightrope. He said that I needed to fix it or I'd need to get out of the group. He said it in a nice way. You know what happened?

I got kicked out of the group.

Figures.

Well, I sit in Kasiah's mom's car until they were done, which took forever, then we dropped off Anthony and Gabriel, we went to go get my things from Kasiah's house, then they dropped me off at my house because MOM WAS BACK!!! YAY!!! She talked to Kasiah's mom about how it all went for a little bit while I was snacking on the pecan divinity and chocolate rocks Mom had bought for me in Ohio. Thank you, Mom!

Mom went to get her meds from Tom Thumb and got pizza on the way. I enjoyed it.

Well, I guess I better get to sleep. I'm sore from all this marching.

Goodnight.
 
The reason I'm always happy is because you only have one life to live and you never know when you're gonna die, so celebrate life and stop being sad. -Me
~
You know you're crazy if you start talking to yourself and then go "Huh?" - Mrs. Behne
~
Thank you for embracing my weirdness! -Katy Perry
~
It's the good girls that keep diaries. It's the awesome girls that keep blogs. -Me

1 comment:

  1. O_O He LICKED THE NOTECARDS?!?!! Wow... Alois Trancy comes to mind.. Heh heh...

    ReplyDelete

Bubbles says: COMMENT!