Monday, May 28, 2012

Josie and the Amazingness of Acting

I have seen two movies and a play and am ready to give reviews.

Written in Time by Matthew Edwards - This was very heartfelt and impressive, considering all the sappy love letters were written by a guy who ISN'T gay or incredibly feminent.  Written in Time's world premiere was only Friday, and it was written by a good friend of Mom's who's been trying to publish a series of books he's working on.  I think I talked about the first one, The Sleeper Wakes.  Anyway, Written in Time shows two stories at the same time.  One in the present, about a solitary girl who tries to figure out the sercret to her grandmother's love life and trying to figure out her own at the same time.  The other is about the grandmother who meets a nice young man named Richard Smith who is in the navy, writes poetic love letters, and sweeps her off her feet.  It's very sad, heartbreaking, but also one of the best things ever written, not to mention hilarious.

The Avengers by Joss Whedon - I finally went to go see this amazing and extremely pee-your-pants applaud-it's-so-good comical movie at Studio Movie Grill.  My mom got Groupons.  It's seems like that the only reason we go.  The Avengers started out kind of slow for me, but it was also confusing.  I didn't recognize The Hulk, mainly because I haven't seen the movie before.  I haven't seen Captain America (but I would marry him in a heartbeat), all of The Hulk, Thor, to put it simply, I've only seen the Iron Man movies.  But they should have made Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Spiderman BEFORE The Avengers.  Basically, there's an alien attack from Thor's brother, Lori, I think, and he's wanting this cube called the Tesseract because it can open up a portal from one side of space to the other, bringing in monsters to destroy the world so that Lori can rule.  I was going through the movie in my head, and I thought, Okay, Captain America has super strenghth, Iron Man has super smarts, Black Widow has super... stealth, The Hulk has super anger issues, Hawkeye has super sight, Thor has a super... hammer, but what about Spider-Man?  He's supposed to enter in the next movie.  Hm....  SUPER WRISTS!!!

Beastly by Daniel Barnz - I know, this movie is nothing like the book, but I still found it enjoyable.  Now, if it weren't based off the book, then I would enjoy it.  But they messed up on names and characters.  But I thought that Neil Patrick Harris, Lisagay Hamilton, and Mary-Kate Olsen were fantastic.  The dialogue was still terrible in the beginning, though.  However, my biggest complaint was the looks.  Tattoos?  Being bald?  Scars?  Nothing like the book.  Kyle was supposed to be a full-out beast.  You know, like the Disney version, but in here he just looks like a San Fransisco Freak.  Or maybe Vegas.  But Lindy was supposed to freak out at the sight of him, not say, "I've seen worse."  But I wish they had made the reference to the yellow Linda roses.  That would have been cute.  The ending was satisfactory, but I still wish that Lindy had been kidnapped or something and then Kyle go to the rescue.  But whatever.  Can't add action into it.

That's it!

The reason I'm always happy is because you only have one life to live and you never know when you're gonna die, so celebrate life and stop being sad. -Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!