Friday, April 6, 2012

Josie and the Sweepstakes

Computer still isn't fixed.  Bummer.

Happy Good Friday!  Well, then again, it isn't a real happy thing.  I mean... well... ARGH (this is me pulling my hair out)!

We finally had UIL for choir.  It sounded on stage like we sucked, but really, we didn't!  I mean, I felt sick, and I thought I was going to faint, so I tried to use all of my energy, knowing that after three songs I can go home and rest.

Not.

After that, we did sight-reading.  That's where you read a piece of music and have to perform it in either 6 or 9 minutes.  Or 7.  Give or take a few.  The song was called The Scorpion, and the lyrics were weird.  It was talking, obviously, about a scorpion, but I thought it was a song to scare children from playing around with large bugs and other things like that.  Anyway, we were so close to being disqualified, and no one knows who it was that almost got us disqualified.  She sang when we weren't supposed to!

I knew we got at least one 2 by the way Miss Carrasco (our teacher) came out with the principal.  She is a very good actress.  She said, "Well, ladies... YOU GOT ALL ONES!"

All ones?  That's like acing every STAAR test you take!  We were so psyched!  We were all cheering!  We got ones from all six judges (aka, Sweepstakes)!  And we were the only 3-part choir that got Sweepstakes as far as I'm aware!  And there are some pretty good choirs out there within our district!  And Miss Carrasco is a first year teacher!  How about that?!

As a reward, the principal, Mrs. Gallagis, said we get to wear jeans on Monday, as long as we wear our choir shirt, and we get to have it untucked.  And Mrs. Carrasco said she's going to throw us all a party!  Best.  Day.  EVAH!

I just said, "'S'cuse me, I footed."  ???

Mom's having a garage sale today and tomorrow.  UGH!  At least, when people donate books, I pick ones that I want and so now I have some more.  I have two famous books for being banned: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, which is the #1 most banned book in America for rascism, and To Kill a Mockingbird, which was banned in Mississippi for a while for who knows why.  I just want to read it because it was a banned book.  I also got some books at the library: The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore, Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry, Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot, and Lost by Margaret Peterson Haddix.  By the way, those are HUGE books!  The other books I got in the garage sale was two Goosebumps books I didn't want to sell that Grandma put into the garage, Hotel for Dogs, and a book about dragons.  I forgot what it was about.

Kasiah and I agreed that we're going to see Titanic in 3D together.  I want to go see it on the 14th, because that's the day Titanic sank.  But, don't worry, I have to close my eyes for the "drawing scene".  Although, some people are going to see the movie just to see that part in 3D, I bet you.  But, hey!  If it's in 3D, maybe they'll actually see the iceberg!

Video of the day:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the good girls that keep diaries. It's the awesome girls that keep blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!