Saturday, April 28, 2012

Josie Sees a Mockumentary

Mom and I decided to go see a movie at the last minute.  We saw Chronicle was at the dollar theatre and went to go see that.  Mom thought it looked interesing, too. 

Mom just laughed out loud at my hair!  She scared the crap out of me!

Anyway, the last showing was in 20 minutes, and we just got a drink since their popcorn is so expensive, and then we waited a few minutes before the movie started.

It starts out with this guy named Andrew filming his door, and you can see the camera in the mirror.  His dad is banging on the door telling him to open it and I can tell already that he's either abusive or Andrew's in some serious trouble.

The movie has no overlapping music, no titles, and it's all from the view from at least somebody's camera, whether it's Andrew's, this girl named Casey who vlogs, an iPad, cell phone, security camera, bird's eye view from a helicopter, or anything like that.

Chronicle is a little weird.  It's about a guy named Andrew who decides to start filming everything in his life.  He's kind of a dork at school, though.  When he's at his cousin's birthday party, this guy running for student body president (who is not a dork) says to bring his camera, because his cousin found something really cool and wants to get it on film.  The three guys find this tunnel that leads to this big... well, we never found out what it was, but apparently it gave them telekenisis, the ability to move things with your mind.

After some time, Andrew starts getting angry at everything, stubborn drivers, bullies, his dad, and eventually he goes bizzerk.  I'm not telling the rest of it, because there are a lot of people that die.  There isn't any music layovers, the title, or saying who starred in it until the very end.  I can tell you this now: there isn't going to be a soundtrack for this movie!

We got some coupons for Studio Movie Grill, a movie theater where you eat dinner while you watch.  We're going to see Mirror Mirror.  It looks absolutely hilarious, and if it's got Julia Roberts, it has to be good!

Yesterday was the big history test.  I thought I would spend all day on it, but I finished an hour before lunch.  It was okay, and it didn't ask any direct questions such as, "Who was the Great Comprimiser?" or "What year did the Civil War end?" and stuff like that.  It was all kind of complex questions.  Same with the science test.  But I'm pretty sure I got higher than a B-, maybe even a B.

I have been coughing up my lungs ever since I was done being sick!  It's like what Jared had for a long time: I can hardly breathe!  My chest hurts when I do and it doesn't when I don't!  If only I could breathe underwater.  That might help.  But I keep on coughing so my chest feels better.  Mom kept on thinking that my throat was sore even though I kept on telling her, "I CAN'T BREATHE!" over and over again.  She finally got it last night.  I said, "Mom, my throat isn't sore.  It's like what Jared's problem was: I CAN'T BREATHE!"  That finally got to her.

I'm so antsy!

Mom edited some lyrics one of her students wrote.  They're very good, if I do say so myself.  Here they are!

Now Romeo and Juliet
Bet they never felt the way we felt
Bonnie and Clyde
Never had to hide like we do
We do
You and I
The others can work
Till someone gets hurt
and I won’t let that be
you and me

Now you don’t wanna let go
And I don’t wanna let you know
that there must be something real
between us too
Who knew
Now we don’t want to fall
But we trip
In my heart we seem clumsy
I know you can love me
I wish we had another day
I wish we had another time
I wish we had another place
but everything we had is stuck in the moment
and there is nothing my heart can do but fight with time and space
Cause I’m still stuck in that moment with you.

My love tragedy
Was destiny
Like Sonny and Cher
I don’t care
I got you baby
We both fight every inch of our fever
‘Cause any way, it’s going to end right
But we are both foolish to stop now
You don’t want to let go
and I don’t want you to let go
Now that there may be something between us too
Who knew

And we don’t want to fall now
but we’re tripping in our hearts
and expect to seem clumsy
and now you can love me
a wish we had another day
a wish we had another time
a wish we had another place
but everything we have is stuck in a moment
and it’s nothing my heart can do
fight with time and space
‘Cause I’m still stuck in the moment with you
just because it’s a cool, cool world said we can’t be
baby, we both have that need
to disagree
and we cannot
and I don’t want to be so old and gray from it
isn’t it about this better day
but confusion telling us to let go
so we never know

I wish we had another time
I wish we had another place
‘cause everything we did and everything we had
Is stuck in the moment
wish we had another time
I wish we had another place
‘cause everything we did and everything we had
is stuck in the moment
and there’s nothing my heart can do
but fight with time and space
cause I’m still stuck in the moment with you.

By: Diana Morn

Pretty good, isn't it?  Good job, Diana!  Even I can't write lyrics!  But I told Mom that I'd put some music to it.  There's one song in my head that might work with this, but it's not the particular rhythm I had in mind.  The one I was writing was called "Let Go". (Diana's song was called "Stuck in the Moment", by the way) My lyrics went something like

Let go
Cause it's a long way down
I right beside you
And your troubles are hellbound
Just trust me
As long as you need me
Trust me
Let go
Cause it's a long way down, down, down

But these will work, too!

Thank you for embracing my weirdness! -Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!