Thursday, April 26, 2012

Josie Sings on the Street

You remember when I sang Rolling in the Deep to my English class last year?  Well, we had the STAAR test today (it wasn't while I was sick.  Crap!) and I didn't have chess, so I called Grandma after singing for a little bit in the choir room.  Let me explain that little bit for a second:

While we were using the final two hours of the school day to watch John Carter, I told Coach Bailey that Miss Carrasco wanted us for practice (I mean, I missed two days of practicing the new dance, and I suck) so I went over.  We finished one quick runthrough and then I went to go get my stuff.  When I came back, the instrumental was playing, so I started singing along.  I got out of the school at 3:35.

Anyway, I walked to the front of the school, where we wait for our rides, and I started singing Thank You For the Music to myself.  One guy overheard me (a seventh grader) and asked me to sing something.  Then his two girl friends (not girlfriends) asked me, too, and I said that I didn't know what to sing.  They said, "Sing Adele!"  And then I realized what a lucky break I got.  I started singing the chorus really loud and everyone was dead silent.  Then, they started clapping.  I was so embarrassed!  I mean, they say I'm good, but still!  Haven't those people ever seen High School Musical?  Apparently not.
Anyway, they wanted me to sing some more, so I just gave them the links to the videos of me singing (which you don't have to search for: they're over on the other page.  Courtesy of me.  You're welcome!)

So I guess today was a little... nerve-wracking.  Tests, coughs, figuring out how to say "No, you can't have any Milk Duds" without hurting the persons' feelings, trying to memorize a dance, and singing spontaneously once again in front of a large crowd at school.

Thank you for embracing my weirdness! -Katy Perry

1 comment:

  1. http://diaryofdoodles.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-was-tagged-c.html
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHH I TAGGED YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

    ReplyDelete

Bubbles says: COMMENT!