Friday, January 27, 2012

Josie is Determined

I have All-Region Choir Auditions tomorrow!  EEEEEE!


I'm kind of nervous about this one song, "Lullaby Moon" that has incredibly long phrasing.  Especially on the last verse of the cut.  You have to sing 8 measures in an extremely slow song in 3/4 time plus a 1 beat pick-up.  In case you don't know music, it's about 20 seconds long, not to mention having good air, support, vowels, consonants, dynamics, etc.


Last year, I got into region choir as a seventh grader.  I either got 5th, 6th, or 7th chair soprano 1 in the most musically talented region in the nation (we would be the best in the world, if Europe didn't kick our butts)!  This year, I want to get first chair.  Last year, the first chair over everyone was a dude, and he got to sing a good solo, but no one could understand what he was saying.  He sounded like a soprano, and he had a really good voice, but again, no one could understand him.  The first chairs of all the parts got to sing in a group in the same song.  It was the song where the people are smushed onto the risors to sing a song with everybody.  I WANT THAT SOLO!!


I'm going to try a dangerous feat.  I am going to play the movie version of Think of Me from the Phantom of the Opera on the French Horn.  IN ITS ORIGINAL KEY!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!