Friday, January 20, 2012

Josie and Her Jar of Hearts

Okay, I totally forgot to say that I auditioned for "Rockwall's Got Talent" last Sunday.  At the audition, I sang and played "Jar of Hearts" on the piano.  I was shaking so bad, I messed up in several spots, and I went over my time limit, deducting 10 points.  30 people in 100 auditions made it to the semi-finals.  I was one of them.  So, you had to play the same song you auditioned with, and I had to cut it a little.  I wasn't shaking so badly this time, but my mom said that I needed to look up and add emotion to it.  And I didn't crack on the high C!


There were several auditions, and a lot of them weren't good.  They had a mother and her six-year-old daughter bellydance, a Swan Lake dancer, a brilliant sign language person who had so much flowing emotion apparently, the contestants couldn't watch.  But a lot of the singers, like a cutesy duo singing Dynamite in the style of China Ann McClain, were off-key, or so it seemed, and were always behind the music, and you could tell they heard it.  I mean, I was right after them, and I was off-stage, but I could hear it just fine.


So, after 30 people had gone, they chose the top 20.  I was not one of them.  SAD FACE!!!!  I would put a little frowny face emoticon here, but I'm a serious writer.  There are no emoticons in serious writing.


Anyway, they chose the top 20, leaving the bottom 10 to suffer in the cold.  They chose the Dynamite Duo.  Why, you may ask?  Probably because of the "cute factor," not to mention they brought a lot of people.  Which probably means that I'm going to slap Meghan for delibrately not coming.  Just kidding!  But I'm serious, my best friend in the entire world had to stay at school until 5:00, and she wanted to relax at home.  HELLO!  Anyway, so the only people that came to see me were Mom and Sherry.  DOUBLE SAD FACE!!!!


Yeah, so no roses, either.  I can't blame Mom, though.  She just got me roses for region band.  Which, by the way, when AH-MA-ZING!  At least I get the video put on YouTube.  If you have the time, search it up.  It's "Josie Singing Jar of Hearts" probably.  This would be the first real singing video I will put on.  The other one was my "annoying singing" below.



Yeah.  Impressive, huh?  So far, there's been one comment that wasn't mine.  I don't blame them.  I mean, come on!  Either people just think I'm deformed, or they've heard it before.  But that last note is a milestone for me!  FRICKING HIGH F#!  And I went SHARP at the end!  Then again, I was being completely retarded.  Tee hee!


Yeah, so when the video does get online, you get honest answers.  Of course, everyone you know is going to say you sound great, and sometimes select judges aren't the best people, but the people that truly know what is and isn't good are not afraid to say so.  I mean, look at Rebecca Black!


So, as soon as the video is put up, I will post it so that you may all enjoy it!  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!