Saturday, January 28, 2012

Josie and Region Choir

Okay, I'm a little nervous, but writing always calms me down.  Why, do you ask?  I have region choir auditions at 1.  Why am I nervous about this?  Well....


1) I'm aiming to get first chair Soprano 1
2) I'm afraid I won't take a big breath before the big phrase and run out of breath, having it count against my grading
3) I might forget the dynamics.
4) I have an awkward bald spot that everybody can see clearly.


Okay, let me explain that last one.


In case you didn't know, I have the largest cowlick I have ever seen right splat center in the middle of my head, preventing me to have cute bangs.  Not swoop bangs like Justin Bieber (but I still can't have those), but the ones that go right above your eyebrow.


Cowlicks are really uncomfortable in the wrong position, and they're ALWAYS in the wrong position.  So, I thought it was just a hair that needed to be dealt with.  So I pulled out a few of the hairs, the ones that seemed to hurt.


Then I had a huge bald spot.


In no time, the hair started to grow back.  It kept on hurting, and it became a mannerism, so I ended up pulling more hairs out.  Now I have short stubby hairs in front, not hair further back, and then my for-real hair further back.  Mom said that a guardian is coming to do a home study and she didn't want a daughter looking like a mental retard with half her hair out.  Thanks, Mom.  No sarcasm!  She scared me so bad that I've stopped!  Yay!


But yeah.  I'm gonna have to wear my panda hat to cover.


Last night, I saw the high school's production of "Oliver!".  The guy that played Oliver was a freshman.  He was at my middle school last year and got into the state choir.  He's not the best actor, but he sounds like an angel!  I sware!


The guy that played The Artful Dodger was pretty good, although he had too low of a voice for my taste.


Fagin... WAS HILARIOUS!  EXTREMELY GOOD ACTING, SINGING, DANCING, COMEDY, ALL OF THAT!


Nancy had THE best voice I have ever seen at this high school!  She was good at acting, and one of the best high school belters ever!


Bill Sykes was a total bully!  But brilliant, either way!


After the play, Kasiah's mom invited me to go eat with them, and I had caramel hot chocolate and onion rings at iHop with Kasiah's family.  On them.  They are the nicest family EVER!


Anyway, wish me luck at Region!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the good girls that keep diaries.  It's the awesome girls that keep blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!