Saturday, February 4, 2012

Josie Makes an Estamitation

While writing my book, I realized that the part I am currently writing on, Part 3: Water, was going to be about 100 pages long.  With just that alone, it would be the size of a Junie B. Jones book.  That is why I decided to add the three more parts to it.  If they are around the same length, depending on the size of the text, I might have a book the size of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban!  Just what I wanted!  A nice, thick, interesting book that draws people in and makes the readers want more.

My mom's friend, Matthew Edwards, has written a book.  I kind of sort of reviewed it.  I didn't give a professional review of it, but I was supposed to read it and give feedback.  That was in the seventh grade.  Don't worry, I've finished it long before.  Apparently I was his youngest reader so far.  I told him that the title needed to be something that would catch someone's eye if they passed it in a library (his title was The Sleeper Wakes, same as the name of one of the chapters near the end) and that the beginning was a little slow.  However, it is very good.  He was trying to explain how children don't imagine any more.  They always play video games and watch TV and their imagination is growing dimmer in a way.  It is also a Christian book.  He sent his book off to some big publishers in Disney or something, but they didn't want to publish it.  They said it was too similair to The Chronicles of Narnia.  What?

Narnia is fricking short!  When I read it, the four children had gone to the house, and WHAM!  Lucy is in Narnia!  A little too short.  All the books in one big book was the size of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  Pretty good, but the books are too darn short.  Good message, but make them a little bigger.  I want something I can't read in one day unless I try really hard.  His book was a whopping 435 pages!  Why do I not find that surprising?  Then again, the text was HUGE!  It was in zoom 147%!  That's ridiculous!

Anyway, GO, MR. MATTHEW!  GO!  YOU CAN DO IT!

Now, about finding me a publisher....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the good girls that keep diaries. It's the awesome girls that keep blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!