Saturday, February 4, 2012

Josie Saves Bloody Harry

I went to the park today for a walk and to feed the ducks with some stale bread, but when I got there, there was a beat-up duck in the water.  Two other ducks were sitting on top of him, trying to drown him, not to mention scratching at his head with their bills.  The duck underneath him was desperately trying to get out from under them but they wouldn't let them.  It was on and off again every five seconds, usually to change birds.  So, I ran over to the house (which took FOREVER!  Or so it seemed) to get Mom to get some help.  She said that she couldn't do anything, but eventually, I begged long enough that she came to see the duck.  Lucky for him, he had waded over to the side.  Mom could see he was half-way in the water, instead of sitting on top of it.  She picked him up and tried to see if he was okay, but he couldn't fly and couldn't stand that well.  So, he sat in my lap while we tried to take him to Samuell Famrs to see if they could take care of him.  They weren't open, so we took him to Animal Control.  On the way there, he... well... I don't know what he did.  Birds are supposed to have poop nor pee, just sort of a mix, well, he did it in the car.  It was basically disgustingly warm water with a white tint to it.  Well, at least he had is energy back.  He started fluffing his feathers, picking off gunk that was on him while in the water, and cuddled up next to me.  He really liked me.

When we got there, they said that a group of bird people would take him in, and then when he was back to his proper health, they would release him back to the park.  I think.  Or somewhere else.  I named him Bloody Harry because he had this long cut from where the other ducks were biting him, and several spots that were bleeding.  Yay for Harry!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the good girls that keep diaries. It's the awesome girls that keep blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!