Saturday, September 29, 2012

Josie Squats Like It's Hot

Rehearsal was FANTABULOUS!  The posters have been set up around the school, we performed Act 2, my flowers are potted, my cards are typed, my billboard is completed, I did a little directing myself, we did some fun warm-ups, I had boneless wings for lunch, Once Upon a Time is on Netflix (which means no FOX logo at the bottom or commercials), and, the best part is, I GOT MY FRICKING MONOLOGUES MEMORIZED!  Yay!

Tiffy was a drill seargeant with me until I got my monologues right.  She was scary.  I swear.

For warm-ups, we did Aroustica.  It's like Singing in the Rain, but funner.  The order is:

  1. Hands up!
  2. Wrists together (roll the r)!
  3. Tongue out!
  4. Squat like it's hot!
  5. Hop like a bunny!
And in the middle, we go, "Aroustica!  Aroustica!  Aroustica-ca!"  And you have to roll your r's and do it exactly like Kevin does.

I'm gonna love tomorrow even better!  Ashley comes with the bunny!  She was at KK's birthday party last year, and she was dressed as a vampire.  I was dressed as a zombie-killing zombie with a mustache.  Yeah.  That's what the crazy picture I used to have up her was from.

Anyway, Ashley's coming with her big, fat, grey-faced rabbit with huge floppy ears!  I can't wait to see it!  I get to spend most of the day getting used to it because I'm the one who uses it the most!  Also, we run through the ENTIRE play, we're gonna have so much fun, and the season 2 premiere of Once Upon a Time comes on.  I get to see it on Hulu.

The game yesterday was amazing!  The middle-schoolers felt so awkward with everything I was splitting my sides!  And then we went out onto the field to march.  As it turns out, the trumpet to my left, Frankie, is an amazing player!  He can play anything he hears, which is kind of creepy when you start playing your part in Shangri-La.  But he totally deserves to be in first band!

During the show, HNBT's ankle fell out from under him or something like that, and he almost fumbled, but he got right back up.  And this time, WE BEAT THE LOBOS!  YEAH!  We haven't beat them!  Ever!  And we did today!  Oh, happy day!

I love the weekend!

Watch out for that TREE! You just got PUNJABBED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!