Friday, September 28, 2012

Josie and the Big Bad Act 2 Monologues

I'm stupid!

I'm doomed!

I'm toast!

I've already died today!  I don't want to die again!

We worked on the play's finale yesterday, but we were only able to do it once.  And I have another monologue.  I love it, but it's so hard to freaking memorize!  In Act 1, I can paint a picture with my two monologues.  With Act 2, I can't do it with either one.  Which seriously sucks.  AND on top of that, I have a football game.  Against the Lobos.  Which we played against last year when I came with the band in 8th grade.  And we lost.  And this time, the 8th graders are STILL coming.  So I can't be late, or I won't be a good example.  Hey!  I might just have to skip the monologue!  Yay!

Anyway, I'm gonna write the monologue here so you can see how hard it is.

THE CONCLUSION: My experiment has shown some of the strange effects radiation can produce... and how dangerous it can be if not handled correctly.  Mr. Goodman said I should tell in this conclusion what my future plans are and how this experiment has helped me make them.  For one thing, the Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds has made me curious about the sun and the stars, for the universe itself must be like a world of great atoms--and I want to know more about it.  But most importantly, I suppose... my experiment has made me feel important--every atom in me, in every body, has come from the sun--from places beyond our dreams.  The atoms of our hands, the atoms of our hearts....  Atom.  Atom.  What a beautiful word.

And then the one before that.

The Past: The seeds were exposed to various degrees... of gamma rays from radiation sources in Oak Ridge.  Mr. Goodman helped me pay for the seeds.  Their growth was plotted against... time.  The Present: The seeds which received little radiation have grown to plants which are normal in appearance. The seeds which received moderate radiation gave rise to mutations such as double blooms, giant stems, and variegated leaves.  The seeds closest to the gamma source killed or yielded dwarf plants.  The Future: After radiation is better understood, a day will come when the power from exploding atoms will change the whole world we know.  Some of the mutations will be good ones--wonderful things beyond our dreams--and I believe, I believe this with all my heart, THE DAY WILL COME WHEN MANKIND WILL THANK GOD FOR THE STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL ENERGY FROM THE ATOM.  Mama!  Mama!

I have to go now.  Bell's about to ring.  Bye!

Watch out for that TREE! You just got PUNJABBED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!