Sunday, September 2, 2012

Josie and the Big Dream

Ha ha.  I made a joke.

After The Effects of Gamma Rays on Man In The Moon Marigolds, Mr. McCoy's is putting on the first musical I ever loved: ANNIE!

I've wanted to play Annie ever since I was four.  And here's my chance!  Believe it or not, now I can actually sing her part!

When I was six, my mom took me to some out of town auditions for Annie.  I thought I was going to play Annie, but apparently they wanted me to play Molly.  Figures.  I was going to sing Tomorrow, but I couldn't remember all the words, so I sang Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  Apparently you could hear me from outside the auditorium.  After that, I read the first scene as Molly, and I got a callback.  The callback was for dancing, which wasn't my strong suit.  I eventually gave up the buffalo step and didn't get the part.  Because if you've seen the original Molly, that girl had some skills.

Yeah.  I didn't get the part.  A few years later, there were auditions for America's Got Talent.  I wanted to sing something from Annie, the musical I was obsessed with at the time, but Mom said I didn't have the voice for it.  Well, I got out Mom's old record player and her record of Annie, and I started singing along, well, if my predictions are right, I may get the role.  However, my chances are lowered because I got the lead in this play (although, according to some people, Beatrice is the lead), so they may give it to someone else to spread it out. Well, whatever!  I'm just happy that I can finally sing her part! Watch out for that TREE! You just got PUNJABBED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!