Saturday, September 8, 2012

Josie and Beach Day

Weirdest Friday ever.  And I thought that Friday's were supposed to be nice!  You call this nice?

We had Beach Day today, and I forgot to get my yellow flower to put in my hair, so I wore sunglasses and brought my ukulele.  People were staring at me in the halls.

First, I woke up with a stinging pain in my back (Mom thinks I have a bone out of place cause it doesn't feel like a knot), and I was almost late to band practice on the field.

Then, in biology, we switched classrooms.  But that won't matter to me anymore.  But during biology, Kasiah had an argument with HNBT, and she told me she'd tell me after school.  Cutest thing about them is that Trevor asked her to marry him, and she said yes.  I couldn't stop "AWWW!" -ing.  They're not really getting married, but I think he seriously wants to some day.  I desperately wish I had a boyfriend like HNBT.  He's perfect!  Not like I'd steal him from Kasiah or cheat.  That's just wrong.  But HNBT doesn't push her into things he doesn't do, he gets emotional (apparently he cried during the small argument.  He cares about and loves her that much!), he stays with her, he protects her, he's funny, he's nice, and he'd do anything for her!  That's what I want in a man.

Choir was claustrophobic.  The girls went upstairs to reherse one of our songs and to get fitted for dresses (I never got the chance to), but the hall we were in was really closed in.

Before we left, Abby and I started singing What Is This Feeling? from Wicked, but almost made it to the end.  We parted ways, then I ran to the end of the hall and yelled, "ABBY!  BOO!" and she screamed, like in the end of the song.

Algebra was easy.  I breezed by it.  I fininished everything less than a minute after I moved onto the problem.

Lunch was embarrassing.  For once, we did the battle cries.  The battle cries go a little like this:

SPEAKERS: Freshmen!  Yo Mamma!
FRESHMEN: (standing up on chairs) V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!  That's the Freshmen Battle Cry!
SOPHOMORES: (standing up on chairs) V-I-C-T-O-R-Y! That's the Sophomore Battle Cry!
JUNIORS: (standing up on chairs) V-I-C-T-O-R-Y! That's the Junior Battle Cry!
SENIORS: (standing up on chairs) V-I-C-T-O-R-Y! That's the Senior Battle Cry!
EVERYBODY: (standing up on chairs) V-I-C-T-O-R-Y! That's the Skeeter Battle Cry!

Put it this way: all Frehsmen feel too awkward/cool/embarrassed to do it, so basically, I was standing up on my chair and yelling, and a bunch of Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors started booing at me because everybody boos at Freshmen.  Awkard.

Journalism was so much fun!  I'm making an A+ in that class, and we had to write half a page entitled "How I Learned the Word ____________________", but I TYPED a page in a half.  Mine was called "How I Learned the Word Brainstorm".  It's a masterpiece!  I just know it!

About halfway through the class, I got sent to the counselor's office to change my schedule.  So now I am officially in first band, with first period band A day AND B day, and no French.  AND a different biology teacher.  So I'm kind of disappointed.

Rehersal was confusing and slow.  I had to wait in line to get my uniform first, then I missed the people going to Jack-In-The-Box, so I ate a granola bar, and we started rehersal late, AND we didn't have the needed energy, so it wasn't our best.  I knew all my lines (considering in this scene all I really had was blocking and 5 lines), but Tiffy, who plays Ruth, she had a hard time because she practially had a monologue.  And then Maggie forgot a few lines like "Matilda turned me into the Gestapo."  But that was okay.  Then Mom came in with McDonald's, and she said that I needed to get changed quick, then Mrs. Shanks had a problem because she didn't know about my football game, so Mom had to talk to Mr. Monroe and Mr. P about that I was going to be late and that my shoulder was hurting, and then to Mrs. Shanks about my schedule.  So I was eating in the hall, and I forgot a bunch of stuff, but they said not to fail me at inspeciton.  SAVED!

The game was really fun, even though we sucked.  It didn't seem as long, and we did some really cool things.  Carissa (another Frenchie) has decided to be my mentor, so her name is now Mentor.  Yay!  Then we started acting all rainbow and caressed eachother repeatedly.

One of the graduated football players got killed in Iraq, so the flag was halfway up and we had a moment of silence.  Then we started the fun stuff.

I feel like I'm in charge of X-Line because I'm the line leader.  I get everybody in line and in order, and the baritones are usually stupid and do the exact opposite of what I say when I ask them to get in line.

The opponents were scary good.  They weren't the best marchers, but otherwise, they were really professional.  We didn't compare.  I did ten times better AND had ten times more energy, but everybody else, not so much.

One of our songs is Hey, Baby, but instead of singing "Hey, Hey, Baby," we sang, "Hey, Hey, Brandy," about one of the cheerleader saxaphones.  Then her boyfriend held up a sign that said Home on one side and Coming? on the other.  She said yes!

Speaking of which, I am being forced to come to homecoming.  Kasiah's mom said so.  So I'm going dress shopping with Mom, Kasiah, and her mom over the weekend, then I'm buying a ticket, and going without a date.  The awkward part is that HNBT said that if I wanted to, that he'd dance with me.

Oh, dear God, please do NOT tell me I am falling for my best friend's boyfriend!

Watch out for that TREE! You just got PUNJABBED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!