Friday, March 9, 2012

Josie and the Super-Sad Sequel

Okay, I have an obsession over musicals.  I think I've said that before.  Alrighty, then.

I decided to use my money to go see Andrew Lloyd Webber's Love Never Dies, a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera and was filmed in Melbourne by NCM Fathom and shown only twice: Febuary 28 and March 7.  I brought all my money just in case the tickets were more than the usual $10.  They were $18.  Each.  I didn't even have enough money to cover both Mom and I, which was my original plan.  So, she decided to let me go by myself.

I got my popcorn and drink and was about to get extra butter, when Mom walked up.  She didn't want me coming out of the movies at 10 at night.  Figures.

When the movie started, there was 30 minutes of introduction: interviews, behind the scenes stuff, the usual.  When the music finally started, it was kind of weird.  There was this one chick who was really short who played one of the people who performed at Coney Island.  Yes.  Coney Isle.

It turned out Meg was not a ballet dancer anymore, but instead a strip tease.  Her career went downhill, huh?

Raoul was portrayed as a bad character.  Instead of that charming vicomte everyone once knew, he was a drunk who had gambled all their money, and the only way to get some money for their family of three is for Christine to sing at Coney Island, which turns out to be set up by the Phantom, but the actor is about as old as her (Thank GOODNESS!), and a bit more darker.

It was good, but really sad.  I didn't see a single person who wasn't crying at the end.  I don't want to spoil the surprise, because, believe it or not, they put ot out on DVD.  So, if you're planning on buying it, beware.

I have to go to school now!  BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the good girls that keep diaries. It's the awesome girls that keep blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!