Friday, March 9, 2012

Josie and Kony 2012

I just found out about Kony 2012 today.  I saw this picture on my Abby's iPad.  Abby's a girl in my choir and band class.



I asked her what it was, and she explained it to me and the choir teacher, Mrs. Carrasco.  I didn't really understand it the way they put it, but now I remember learning about the Invisible Children and getting bracelets to support them.  I'm now watching the video.

Joseph Kony is a man in Uganda who kidnaps children in their sleep and puts them into the Lord's Resistance Army.  That's exactly the opposite.  He forces the girls into sex slavery and the boys into his army.  They have to mutilate/inflict serious damage on people's faces (makes me wonder if that happened to the Phantom of the Opera) and kill their own parents.  And none of them want to.  Obama isn't doing a thing about it.  I mean, the guy's from Kenya.  Yes.  I do believe he is.  There are pictures.  But enough about politics.

I think that people should set aside our political/religious differences and agree that we need to arrest Kony.  Here's what you can do:
  • Send Obama a letter saying he needs to stop being a coward and get our troops down there.
  • Send your government official a letter telling them to help.  Yes.  I am putting our postmen to work with this.
  • Pass it on.
  • Watch the following video.
  • Show everyone and their cousin's the video.
  • Support.
Please.  I don't want another child to be forced into the tyrannic mess by this man.  Please.  Stop Kony.



Pass This Video On
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the good girls that keep diaries. It's the awesome girls that keep blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!