Monday, November 14, 2011

Josie and the Frenchies

I got into All-Region Band.


Yeah.  That's it.


In case you haven't read my profile, I play French Horn.


A few months ago, I auditioned for All-City Band but got disqualified because I accidentally had my scales open when I was supposed to use them.  Mr. Clark said that if they didn't have me re-do them with the book closed, then I got disqualified.  So much for that.


Now, I'm in All-Region.  There's fourteen French Horns total.  Guess what place I got?  Fourteenth.


And there were fourteen people in the second round!  A lot of them were worse than me.  Everyone says "At least you got in."  My friend, Cheyenne, the awesomest bookworm ever, didn't get in because she had algae in her trumpet.


How do you get algae in your instrument?  Apparently there was too much spit in it.  Poor Cheyenne.  She's always thought that the person she was before this lifetime played trumpet, which is why it comes so natural.  I don't believe in reincarnation.


I'M SO CONFUSED!  I WAS TALKING ABOUT REGION BAND AND NOW I'M TALKING ABOUT REINCARNATION!  WHAT THE HECK!?!?


:-p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!