Sunday, August 19, 2012

Josie and Next Week

I didn't win.  Actually, I kind of sucked bass.  No, not kind of.  I did.

They let us perform more than once if we wanted to.  There were five girls there, including me.  Elizabeth West, who was a 20-year-old country singer, Taylor Morris, who turned out to be one of my mom's first voice students, Little Goody, who was a hip-hop dancer (her last name was Goodman, but I know her mom called her that and I can't remember her first name), and then Ariana Brooke, who is a singer, yodeler, and a ventriliquist.  She won.  She was really good, but I lost at a singing competition to the female version of Robbie Shapiro.  Anyone remember Broken Glass?

I was the third one to perform.  I did Make it Shine from Victorious because I had to do an upbeat and really happy song.  When you narrow it down according to my mom, it was either that or Zip-I-Dee-Doo-Dah.  No.  They didn't have a keyboard, so I played it on my ukulele.  You could hardly hear it.

After that, I got on my mom's phone and pulled up Suddenly I See.  First time I came in too late, then I came in too early, so after that I just quit and tried to find another song.

I finally came up with Firework.  It stopped right before the pre-chorus, so I just told the guy to stop the music all together and I'll sing Acapella.  My mom said I made a nice recovery.  I may not get to be in a Snapple commercial, but I did get four tickets to Hawaiian Falls and two CD's.  And a video of Ariana Brooke to put on YouTube, which should be up shortly.

There's the same thing next week, and this time, I'll be better prepared.  I have a bunch of karaoke CD's, not to mention I can get some from online.  This may just work.

So.  What do you guys think of Bohemian Rhapsody?

You just got PUNJABBED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!