Friday, July 13, 2012

Josie is Back

I just realized, I never finished my thing about my trip to Chicago.  In all, it was moving.

Camp was AWESOME!  We went to Mt. Lebanon and had the time of our lives.  It was probably the most emotional thing I've ever been to.  On Tuesday or Wednesday, there was a big blackout during Worship, so they got some wireless speakers and used flashlights as a spotlight while Nick Thurmond played guitar.  And we were just singing and crying "And oh, I'm running to Your arms, I'm running to Your arms, the riches of your love will always be enough, nothing compares to Your embrace, light of the world forever reign." and eventually the lights came back on!

Shawn McBride was the speaker, and today was hilarious.  He showed us "The Ladder" in a relationship.  He had to have three guys hold the ladder while he was going up, and at the top, he started to tip over a little bit and he screamed.  Then the guy who let go held back on and he shouted, "Hold on!  Black man don't wanna die in Texas!" And we all started laughing our heads off.  But every second, people were walking up to me and saying that I look like Mandy Moore from A Walk to Remember.  Don't worry, I'll have tissues with me, because I cried at the end of The Boy Who Could Fly.  If Jamie dies in this movie, I'm gonna be bawling my head off!

Over all this week, over 100 people have been saved and recommitted.  And THAT'S a huge accomplishment!

While I was there, I stayed after Flight School (I'm on Blue School, 9th grade) every day to play piano in the chapel.  Then, after a while, I would go to lunch.  One day, I was playing, and about ten minutes through, this guy from Oragne School (10th grade) walks in to play the piano.  I was singing as well, and I was just like, Dear Lord, please do not have let him heard me sing.  ...Wait, what?  I let him play, and he was really good.  He doesn't know how to read music, but he watches people and copies.  He's really good!  He's trying to play The Show Goes On.  I showed him how I can play by ear, and we both thought that the other was pretty talented.  We saw eachother every day after that.  His name is Kenny, and he's super nice and not a jerk like most guys I know.  I mean, seriously!  He's talented and complimentary and nice and kind, but he goes to a far away church.  So I got his Facebook name.  Hope I get to see him next year!

I didn't get into Rockstar, unfortunately, but this one girl, Kira, who I am now friends with, actually WON the thing!  She has an amazing voice, and we saw eachother audition!  She thinks I look like Mandy Moore, too!

You know what?  Since everyone thinks I look like Mandy Moore, I'm going to sing Only Hope next year for Rockstar.  That might get me in!

I'm hungry.  What's for dinner?

You just got PUNJABBED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!