Saturday, June 23, 2012

Josie and the Dear Old Friend

How long has it been, Sarah?  Eight years?  It's not like you're reading this, though.

Sarah was my best friend in the whole world when I was little.  Then something happened with our moms and we didn't see eachother again.  But we were practically twins.  She was the twin sister I had always wanted.  I have videos of her at my fourth birthday party, we were in dance class together, I drew pictures of her, and from what it looked like in the videos, and from what I can remember, we had the best of times.

Now, I see Sarah on Facebook, and she's changed a lot from that curly ponytail toddler.  And I've changed from that platnium blonde Junie B. Jones girl, too.  Sarah's a cheerleader.  At first, I thought, What if she's turned into a snob?  I mean, I'm kind of a nerd.  Maybe I'd embarrass her.  But then Mom told me that she writes music AND plays piano, too, and I'm just thinking, WE HAVE GOT TO GET TOGETHER AGAIN!

Unfortunately, Mom recently discovered that Sarah's mom has unfriended her.  Even though Mom's asked several times if we could get together, she doesn't reply.  And it's not just, "Maybe she hasn't seen it yet."  I mean, the lady posts every day.

When I get my own, Facebook, I am going to have to friend Sarah, and we're going to need to do something.  You don't count off a friendship this big.

You just got PUNJABBED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!