Thursday, June 14, 2012

Josie Goes to Chicago

(Note: I am writing in present tense, even though I'm already back home.  YAY FOR MY BEING BACK!  I'm writing this as though it's a book.  And, no, Bakerson is not my real last name.  That's just whatever I use when I put something online, and Fairview is not where my church is.  That city is the most common name for a city, so I picked it only because of that.)

The Charter Bus drives off at 11:30 PM on June 8, 2012, with the entire Collide crew, including myself.  I look out the window, trying to get a final glimpse of my mom, who is waving me goodbye, her words still echoing in my ears: "Josie, I love you, and I'm gonna miss you."

My name is Josie Bakerson.  At age 13, and turning 14 in July, it seems to me that my life has only just begun.  Most teenage girls feel like their life can't go by fast enough, but me, I want to cherish every moment.

Collide is Fairview First Baptist Church's youth choir, in a way.  We do acting, dancing, instruments, skateboarding, and many other things as well.  Every year, we go on a mission trip to some place far away.  Last year, we had visited Oklahoma City.  This year, we were going on a 15-hour trip to Chicago.

On the bus, the girls sit on the left and the guys sit on the right.  I sit in the very front row next to Hannah, a friend of mine who's in my Sunday school class, Cheyenne, a tenth grader, sits behind me, and Charity, who is also in the 9th grade along with Hannah and I, sits beside her.  Cheyenne and I have window seats.

Hannah is in charge of voting for movies.  She has three movies to choose from at the moment: To Save a Life, Night at the Museum, and Enchanted.  To Save a Life wins by a long shot, when I was really hoping for Enchanted.

I don't even get 20 minutes into the movie before I begin to doze off.  Being in chairs, everyone finds it impossible to find a comfortable position to fall asleep in.  Some people slept in the aisles.  Me, I didn't bring a blanket with me.  I only had a pillow and a giant stuffed dog, so I tried to make the best on a 60 degrees Farenheit bus.  As I fell asleep, I began to dream about what miracles might happen on this trip.

You just got PUNJABBED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!