Friday, March 29, 2013

Josie Plays the Trumpets

DA-DADA-DUH DUH DUH DAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!  You have reached my personal blog!  And I have returned after such a long time!  I've decided to organize my time a lot more, so that means less free time to just lay around and watch TV.  Well, I mean, I'm watching Lie to Me* right now, but I'm writing whilst I'm watching.

Yes, I said whilst.  I'm becoming a much better writer, did you notice?  Mrs. Harmon is so helpful at that.

I'm trying out for section leader in band.  That means I have to teach three people how to march.  I'm teaching people that are coming into marching band either next year, the year after that, or a few years after I leave.  And they're all girls.  I'm going to be teaching by my sister/friend, Carissa.  She's trying out as well.  And I really need help with my marching.  My slides aren't the greatest, I can tell you that.  I swear, if you see me and compare me to some of the other freshman, you'll think I'm worth dog crap.  Mainly I'm doing this for experience.  And I want to be a teacher, so this might help if I actually do become section leader, or even drum major when I'm a senior.

Crap.  I forgot to bring my choir folder home.  We have a contest in a few days, and I need to work on my Russian.  It's pretty bad.  I also need to work on my vowels, breathing, and my Old English.  So, in all, I have two songs in Latin, two in English, one in Old English, and one in Russian.  I love the Russian.  It's so beautiful.  It's called Angel by Rachmaninoff (please tell me I spelled that right.)  Search it up.  It's very hard to find a choir that performs it at its peak, though.  You have choirs that sing like cute little middle schoolers, choirs that sing it too fast, but we're doing it just right.  I hope our Russian doesn't sound too crappy, though.

I went to UIL last Friday for Journalism.  I didn't do anything, though.  I was an alternate.  So was my Dad.  Well, not my real dad, but he plays my dad in the play (Cosette is my sister), not to mention he's more of a male parental figure than my biological father is.  I hate to say it, but when my parents were together, it was very hard to find a home video where they were together and happy.  He went on business trips a lot, and then when my parents divorced, he got the house, and we had to move in with Grandma.  I bawled and held onto Mom that first weekend I had to stay with him, thinking I was never going to see her again.  Then he moved to the other side of the country when I was four.  He complains that I don't call, but then the only time when he talks to me is if Jared calls Mom first.  So, Jonathan is Daddy.  I see him every weekday, and our family in the play already has lots of chemistry.  So, he works.

I've been writing a lot.  And we have the STAAR test in a few days.  I an going to ace the writing section.  We have to write three papers, either two literary and one expository, or one literary and two expository.  I pray that I get two literary (it's different with each person), but I'll still be good if I get two expository.  We did one literary and one expository before we left for Easter weekend, and I got the highest grade on both.  My first expository got a 3/4, and my literary before that one got a 4.  I think I'm covered.

I am determined to have something after school every day.  Monday will be choir, Tuesday will be for extra instrument lessons, Wednesday will be band, Thursday will be marching, Friday will be for... well, that might be a free day.

We got a puppy!  Her name is Millie.  Well, she's not a puppy, but the way that she acts, her size (she's a Terrier Mix), and the fact that she chews up everything she can get her paws on, she's more of a puppy.

Now, all the instruments I have: French Horn (well, I play it, and it's at home with me, but I don't own my own yet), piano, recorders, pan-flute, train whistle, flute, guitar, ukulele, flute, trumpet, clarinet, and a few little child-like versions of percussion.

Well, I guess that will be all for now.

Bubbles says: We're all back!  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bubbles says: COMMENT!